The new Switch MOD 2 Series takes the very best from the Switch Series and custom tailors it to fit the needs of shooters. Fortis eliminated the 12 o'clock picatinny section and replaced it with open vents. This gives a more streamlined appearance to the rail, but more importantly, allows the shooter to utilize the smaller diameter of the rail to manipulate the weapon more effectively. The vents allow better airflow from the barrel and helps eliminate heat buildup and allows the end user to run longer and cooler with this setup. Rest assured, Fortis still left a small section for back up iron sights. They also added M-LOK sections up front that gives you flexibility and freedom to run your light solutions. No more need for purchasing additional off-set light mounts. Mount it directly on the rail and go.
The 9.6" length will work with most direct thread suppressors on a 10.3" or 10.5" barrel. The gap will be very minimal.
The 13.8" length will work with most direct thread suppressors on a 14.5" barrel. The gap will be very minimal.
The 15.3" length will work with most direct thread suppressors on a 16" barrel. The gap will be very minimal.
The Fortis SWITCH series is an extremely lightweight, yet robust free float rail system designed for the AR platform. When designing the SWITCH, Fortis wanted a handguard that was easy to install, but also be able to quickly change rails for a variety of mission or competition specific setups. The rail features a brand new patent pending locking mechanism that allows tool-less removal of the rail.
The rail design not only looks great, but is very functional in your hand. The piece adds minimal weight to the rifle and you won't be disappointed!
- Material: Aircraft Grade 6061-T6 Aluminum / Locking handle: 7075-T6 Aluminum
- Length: 9.6"
- Weight: 7.0oz Barrel Nut: 1.7 oz
- Length: 13.8"
- Weight: 8.0 oz Barrel Nut: 1.7 oz
- length: 15.3"
- Weight: 8.7 oz Barrel Nut: 1.7 oz
- Internal Diameter: 1.34"
- Open venting at 12 o'clock position
- MLOK at the 3, 6, & 9 o'clock AND off-set location
- Hard-coat Anodized
- 4140 heat treated barrel nut (1-7/16 X 16 T.P.I.)
- Clamp torque setting 20 in lbs **Please be sure to read instructions
- Spanner wrench needed to torque barrel nut to spec (not included)
- Made in the USA!